"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Mon, 04 May 87 10:25:55 EDT
>I think it's a wonderful idea. Although I can't avail myself of the
>automatic code updates, I'll certainly sign up as a backbone site, and
>guarantee the installation of updates *well* within the 2 week deadline.
>
>Ross Patterson
>Rutgers University

Count me in as a backbone site.  I also promise to update in a very timely
fashion.

* flame on *

I just got back from DECUS (the VAX version of SHARE) and was frustrated
because they had a BITNET node set up by Joiner Associates (JNET for VMS)
from which I could send mail but could not get a reply because some sites
had not updated their routing tables, even though the node DECUS was in the
last set of tables.  BITNET itself should impose some type of pressure to get
the tables updated in a timely fashion.

* flame off *

Let the backbone consist of only sites who agree to update when necessary ASAP.

Jim...