Tim Casten <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:23:36 -0400
Hello Eric,

Thursday, July 28, 2005, 10:48:36 AM, you wrote:

> I can try to improve blackberry recognition, but frankly, I hate having to
> mess with this code, because every time I improve recognition of a new
> incorrect format, I create a problem with another incorrect format that was
> working just fine before. In fact, I ended up deleting half of the
> heuristics about 10 years ago and simply inserting the server's current date
> and time when the date field is all too "creative." Currently, LISTSERV only
> attempts to fix dates that do not look all too different from the norm.

> The only good solution is for every mail client to implement RFC822 date
> format. This format dates back from 1982, it is easy to read and easy to
> program, frankly there is no excuse for doing things differently!

While I understand your frustration with Time and Date stamps I must also wonder why the reluctance to apply a fix to this as Blackberry is no small corporation.

The blackberrys are sending out a time stamp all of which may generate a soft error with some clients however LSOFT is taking this soft error and changing it to a hard error and overriding the time field with one of its own.  LSOFT is generating the 6 0's not Blackberrys.

My engineer has been in contact with one of the LSOFT VP's and I am told a fix is being looked into?

--
Best regards,
 Tim