Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:42:08 -0400
The auto-reply function on our central email service is configured to ignore
any message which does not have the recipient's address on the "To:" line.
This covers about 99% of the list messages.

Based on my somewhat limited experience, user-defined auto-reply rules at the
MUA level appear to be a major source of misdirected OOO messages. As long as
users can write their own rules, you will never eliminate the OOO problem.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team