Tue, 12 Jan 1993 18:00:39 -0500
I'm not exactly sure who's seeing this message, but I was told to address my
situation in this forum by Yingying Zhou @Bitnic.

I am interested in starting a listserv list for Jewish professionals (primarily
reform rabbis and educators) whereby there can be a free exchange of
information including sermons, education curricula, and thoughts on matters of
a professional nature as they pertain to Judaism.
I am a third-year student at the Hebrew Union College in Cinncinati, Ohio.  My
VAX account is accessed through the University of Cincinnati, which does not
offer listserver capabilities.  I would like to start this new list wherever I
am able, but be able to run it (as a restricted-access list) from a remote site
only (via modem dial-up).  This listserv would need to have the capacity to
upload and download text files as well as serve as post for email.

I was told by Bitnic that I needed a sponsor for this to happen.  I'm not
entirely familiar with the procedure so if someone could fill me in a little
I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thank you in advance....
Jeff Astrachan