"Bitnet Mgr. at Dept. of Energy Hqs." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Aug 1992 14:52:55 EDT
On Tue, 18 Aug 1992 09:57:51 EST Ken said:
>I am in the process of setting up a new list (my first).  I have got
>the list up and running in test mode but have run into a slight problem.
>We are running OfficeVision with PUMP at two locations in our network.
>If anyone from either location uses OV to subscribe to the list it
>appears as if the Mailbox manager is subscribing and not the user.  The
>user isn't recognized and isn't subscribed to the list.  If the user
>subscribes using Mailer or IBM NOTE then everything works ok.

Your users aren't activating PUMP in order to convert the OV-format note
into RFC822 format mail.  Make a CMS NAMES nickname entry for the Listserv,
and send the subscription note to CMSNAMES(Listserv-nickname).

It might be easier in the long run, though, to teach them to use Ricemail.