Louis J Wiesemann <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 May 2001 10:05:54 -0400
We are running LISTSERV 1.8d 2000b with the web access configured.  Due to
a change made by our web administrator I needed to update a couple of WA
links.  I found them in WWW_ARCHIVE_INDEX and WWW_ARCHIVE_TRAILER
templates.  They both used a variable called &WA_URL.  Can anyone tell me
what defines this variable?  I didn't want to hard code my update in the
templates, but wanted to reset this value whereever it is configured.  I
could not find it referenced in the documentation or in searching this
list.  I also checked other site configuration pages in WA but could not
find it.  Its value appears to be equal to &MYHOST plus the
WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI value in go.user, but I could not find anywhere that this
was defined.  Is there a way to change this variable?

As an experiment I did try defining it to the value I needed with a set
command in WWW_IMAGES_URL template.  The result confused me because it
worked fine for the trailer template (it got the new value).  But even
though it uses the same variable the index template did not reflect
the change.  Even if that is not the best way to reset this value I
don't understand why the change only seemed to affect one instance of
the variable.

Thanks for any information on this.

Louis J. Wiesemann      [log in to unmask]     502-852-8952