David Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:20:14 +0500
> Is there any CC:MAIL experts out there to help me with this?
> We are using Listserv 1.8c on IRIX.
> We have few CC:MAIL users complain about getting the mail in an
> attachment and they can't open it. Other people received the posting
> in the body just fine. We have prepared the posting the same way all
> along: cut it from word and paste it in.

Find out whether someone has upgraded or somehow changed the CC:Mail
SMTP gateway at the site.  LISTSERV has no concept of CC:Mail, and
vice versa -- the only thing that has any knowledge or control over
how messages are presented in Cc:mail is the SMTP gateway. It's
probably misconfigured to take the presence of any MIME header in a
message to imply that the message contains attachments.

> > It does not come to me in the body.  It used to until this week
> > which is now an attachment.  We are on cc:mail.  I do not open it
> > remotely.
>
> > Prior to this week I was just able to scroll down and everything
> > would  be within the message.

David Boyes