"W. Fred Rump" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 17:46:02 EST
Hi,

I am the listowner of [log in to unmask] and I'm getting constant
pressure from the folks there that we should have a peer site in the US to
handle the US portion of this list.

Other than the few commands for operations I know nothing about how something
like this would work. Marty Hoag tells me that it is a pain to install and
administer and that listserv really has a great distribution algorithm etc.
Unfortunatly I don't know what he's talking about. :-)

Karlsruhe is running listserv on a SUN under UNIX and there are somewhere
around 250-300 daily digests to distribute on this side of the ocean.

Is there anyone here who can help me get this set up somewhere?

This is a German genealogy list and we really want the main system and archive
to be sitting in Germany but most of the user subscribers are still in this
country.

I and others have helped hundreds maybe thousands of families find their roots
back in the old country and now I'm reaching out to the net for a helping hand
myself.

Can anyone help me before they decide to cut the US off from mail
distribution?

Fred

--
W. Fred Rump or CompuData, Inc.    | 'When we were young, we did not ask
26 Warren St |  10501 Drummond Rd  | questions; now that we're old, there's