LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:01:50 EST
The Powers That Be here have suddenly decided that we will be leaving
Bitnet by May 28th.  Additionally, we're going to be moving our VM-based
LISTSERV to an NT-based LISTSERV by June 30th (mind you, the NT machine
hasn't even arrived yet).

Since we've been using a VM-based LISTSERV for 10 years (long before
our VM machine was on the Internet), many of our lists have owner addresses
and subscriber addresses that are Bitnet, not Internet (and the VM machine
is going away by June 30th).

What I need to know is if anyone has an "easy" way to convert the Bitnet
addresses (e.g. INDYCMS) to Internet (e.g. INDYCMS.iupui.edu) on the
various machines on these lists (over 300 of them) *without* screwing
up the encoded stuff at the end of the record... or will these all have
to be done by having people resubscribe... (I do *not* want to hear the
gripes on *that*... this timeline is out of my hands.  I've already
argued against it.)

Any ideas, suggestions, etc. from people who've BTDT are welcome.

-Holly