Lisa Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:23:51 -0700
"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 09/16/2004 05:16:28 PM:

> I haven't used the OK CANCEL xxx, but I'll try it later.  I simply
> use the CMS ERASE fn ft command from the postmaster, and let the cookie
> expire.

Well, dang! If I'd known it was that easy... But then I wouldn't have
learned about STDCMD FILE.

> The actual cooke isn't the filetype, but is stored in the
> PERMVARS FILE.  Browse the file and you'll see the word CONFIRM
> in columns 4-10.  Farther out you'll see the moderator's email address
> and the word 'APPROVE listname oooooo' plus a few other things.

Ok, I see the cookie in PERMVARS. So you're saying that erasing the
OKxxxxxx msg file still returns the error if a moderator tries to approve
even though the cookie still exists in PERMVARS? That'll do for now. I
still need to fix the STDCMD file so my moderators can do the cancelling
but this gets me through my current situation.

thanks muchly

lisa