Leonard D Woren <LDW@USCMVSA>
Thu, 14 Apr 88 01:00:00 PDT
It seems to me after a quick check of the LISTSERV doc on header
keywords that a setting of
     Reply-To= List,Respect
is wrong.  For example Info-Nets, which seems to be a big problem;  I
would set it to
     Reply-To= "[log in to unmask]",Respect

Comments?  This will at least remind people of where the contribution
address really is, although it still doesn't solve the problem of
people posting to the BITNET redistribution instead of the Internet
contribution address.  I'm still thinking about that one.  How about
this:

(1)  LISTSERV adds something like:
     and if it's present, discards that piece of mail.
(3)  It might then be (relatively) safe to add [log in to unmask] as
     a subscriber to INFONETS@BITNIC .
Or maybe LISTSERV could add a 'Received:  ... by LISTSERV' header
line, and check for that, as above?

I think some technical solution is necessary because education of
users can never be 100%.

/Leonard