Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Fri, 24 Nov 89 18:56:06 GMT
>I barely  have enough time  to finish my work  daily, that might  be the
>reason why  I seldom write to  promote or make bad  publicity about 'the
>other list server'

Ok Turgut,  I didn't intend to  make "bad publicity about  the other list
server" and  I apologize if  it appeared that I  did, but since  it seems
that you want to  play "dirty talking" as you say, no  problem, we can do
that if you want.

>  - installing new  code (look at PEERS  NAMES, any site with  nick = or
>    over 500 are brand new LISTEARN sites)
>
>  - providing fixes to the sites  that are experiencing problems. (about
>    one per day)
>
>  - enhance the code.

I suppose, of course, that this  is an exclusive prerogative of EARN, and
that *I* never send LISTSERV to new sites, provide fixes to them, enhance
the code, etc.  This, and the fact  that IBM systems are so  easy to take
care of since the inception of SES,  is probably the reason why I have so
much time  left to make bad  publicity about the other  server. Turgut, I
think you  should seriously consider  giving up  your job as  a full-time
EARN employee  working on LISTEARN,  and start  working as a  High Energy
Physics VM/XA systems programmer instead;  then you'd have much more time
to work on LISTEARN.

  Eric

PS: Funny...  LISTSERV@CEARN crashed on  a corrupted archive disk  on the
    very note  that Turgut sent to  LSTSRV-L, held the list,  and stopped
    working. I had to  spend 20 minutes to make a  new minidisk, move the
    archive files one  after the other, check for lost  data, etc. Then I
    could release  Turgut's note. If I  had known, I would  have gone off
    for the  weekend instead. After all,  taking care of CEARN  is not my
    job, and it decreases the amount of time I have to make bad publicity
    about LISTEARN.