Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:10:36 -0400
At 16:58 06/28/2004 Monday, David Young wrote:
 >Some time back, I had asked for assistance regarding a problem with a list
 >that needed to be moderated.  I had thought that the problem was resolved,
 >but it is apparently not.  The attached list definition is a one-way or
 >broadcast list that our public affairs office uses to transmit info to all
 >of our employees.  The problem is that only the first person in the list of
 >editors receives the moderation requests.  I've attached the list
 >definition.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks.

I've read the others' responses this a.m.

I think the one concept that needs exploring is what happens when a
non-editor (or spammer) posts?  Should it be sent to the moderators?  If
so, that's not my idea of a one-way list.

Also if this is an employees' list, perhaps you should have

SERVICE= LOCAL

where local includes all of the uta.edu domain and maybe related
others?  This may restrict access to your PUBLIC archives.

And as previously noted on LSTOWN-L, AOL subscriptions have proven to be
problematic esp. for list-owners.

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State