Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sun, 10 Jan 88 21:40:00 SET

- Fix for  LSVDBASE date  bug, plus  Q T was  changed into  diag C  for better
  compatibility.

- SUBSCRIBE now  respects the 'NOTIFY' keyword  when the list is  BY_OWNER. It
  also generates  a new mailform  ('SIGNUP1'), sent to the  command originator
  when his subscription is accepted.

- The DIST2 bug I mentioned has been fixed, and the path selection routine has
  been completely rewritten  using a more solid algorithm. This  may require a
  little more CPU (or sometimes less,  depending on the case), but the results
  are now cached in BITEARN DISTSUM so the overhead appears only once.

- INSTALL will now close the output  file as SHIPMENT if the original filetype
  was of the form 'nn-OF-nn'.

- LSVIMAIL  has  been  completely  rewritten   to  improve  the  usability  of
  mailforms. $DEFAULT  MAILFORM has  been rewritten to  avoid placing  text in
  columns 73-,  but there is no  compatibility problem. The ADD1  mailform and
  the new SIGNUP1 one now share a common sub-mailform, $SIGNUP, which contains
  a standard blurb to  be sent to all new subscribers, no  matter how they got
  on the list (thus there is only one mailform to change if you want something
  different). This  blurb contains  conditional sub-blurbs, giving  info about
  list archives if the list does have archives, etc. There is also a paragraph
  telling you how  to signoff from the  list, and telling you NOT  to send the
  command to the list,  but I am sure that this will have  little or no effect
  on the amount of 'junk requests'. I plan to remove all the LSVREMRK stuff in
  the future, and have  it done inside the mailforms, but  didn't have time to
  do  it today.  This  would  completely solve  the  translation problem  (new
  language --> you need a mod to LSVREMRK :-( ).

- The PROFS mail problem should be fixed,  but as usual I haven't been able to
  test it. Please let me know if the problem still exists :-(

Eric