David Nessl <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Jul 1991 16:11:10 EDT
Our staff mailing list is setup as a bunch of sublists that match our
organizational chart hierarchy.  One special case is our HELPDESK,
which is a part of our Information Services department.  HELPDESK is a
sublist of INFOSERV, but HELPDESK is also a sublist of TECHSTAF in
order to get the latest technical info.  Both the INFOSERV & TECHSTAF
lists are sublists of STAFF:

                            STAFF
                            |   |
                     INFOSERV   TECHSTAF
                          |      |
                          HELPDESK

Under LISTSERV 1.6, the HELPDESK list got two copies of any mail sent
to STAFF (undesirable, but not a big problem).  LISTSERV 1.7 now
detects a duplicate mailing and sends a nastygram back to the sender.
What's the right way to set this up?  -david