Marty Hoag <NU021172@NDSUVM1>
Wed, 20 Apr 88 08:47:38 CDT
   There has been a discussion recently on the ADVISE-L list about the
global network wide signoff command.  Ie., it sounded like a good idea
to remind our users to sign off of all lists before leaving for the summer.
The "brute force" method is
          TELL LISTSERV SIGNOFF * (NETWIDE

   Now, if 2% of our users take our advise, we will get one reply for
each server for each user (that is 104 MAIL replies or for 2% of our
users that would be over 13,000 mail files!).

   Is there an option to get only the exception messages?  Or replies
via message or no reply?  Anything other than all that mail to fill up
our spool?   Now that we have let the cat out of the bag, telling them
NOT to try this probably will only get more to try it...

   Along a similar line, maybe someone could summarize the way to set up
a job which the NAD would submit to delete obsolete userids which would
NOT generate any reverse mail traffic.  Of course in this case it would
probably be only one file per server, most NADs probably don't want to
search all 104 responses for several hundred or several thousand users
which they are deleting...

   Thank you for your help!

          Marty Hoag