Mark_Strawcutter <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Apr 1991 09:21:00 EST
>We're running a Sun4 (4.1) with UREP 3.5 and vmnet as a BITNET II host.
>Our upstream BITNET node, through which all of our BITNET transactions
>pass, is a VM host.
>I know of at least one other machine, a VAX running UREP under BSD 4.3,
>which has been having the same problem.  Anyone know what's causing some
>downstream BITNET hosts to think they're seeing two RFC822 From: lines?

This came thru on another list last week.  Sound like it might apply to your
problem (the symptoms of the original problem were similar):

>It's a bug in UREP.  In the file mailer/btmail.c, insert the
>line ``#define IBMFORD'' and rebuild btmail.  UREP has no business
>inserting a second ``From:'' line!

Mark J Strawcutter                           BitNet:    MJSTRAW@IUP
Director, Systems and Data Communications       DNS:    [log in to unmask]
Indiana University of Pennsylvania            Voice:    (412) 357-4000
Indiana, PA   15705                          "you can't nail jello to a tree"