Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:33:28 +1000

> MS IIS provides Host Header Names support to Host Multiple
> Sites from One IP
> Address http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/0/08.ASP

Just a quick note to let you all know what's been done to resolve this.

Jim Walker's suggestion above didn't solve the problem.  IIS didn't seem to
want to know about the LISTSERV site and wouldn't resolve to it properly.
Might be something that can be fixed but I didn't have the time (or the
inclination) to muddle through and figure it out.

Ben Parker's suggestion of configuring LISTSERV so that the full URL is
specified in WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI= didn't work either.  When I entered
"listserv.machine:81/cgi-bin/wa.exe" it was accepted but when LISTSERV
generated a dyamic address back to itself (using &WA_URL;) it always dropped
the port number.  When I tried to set the configuration for NODE or MYDOMAIN
with the port specified LISTSERV wouldn't accept it as correct value.
Setting TCPGUI_IPADDR or TCPGUI_PORT had absolutely no effect.

So.....the end result was to kick off the offending web service on my
LISTSERV machine.  It was something of a guest to begin with and, as we all
know, NOTHING is as important as LISTSERV traffic.... ;~)

LISTSERV now has port 80 of the primary web service all to itself and it's
perfectly happy.

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.