Tracey McCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:18:40 -0500
Hi, all...

This is sort of an extension of a question I asked a couple of weeks ago,
and this is more of a comment than a question.

I know that the templates can be tinkered with to some extent, but the user
templates for maintaining one's subscription just don't work very well for
my subscribers.

For one thing, the functions they need most often - MAIL and NOMAIL - are
all the way at the bottom of the page, and they often won't scroll down to
find it.  It's much easier for them to hit that "delete" button at the top
of the page and accidentally unsub themselves altogether, which just
creates more work for me when I have to put them back on.  This is a design
issue.

Also, the header "Join or leave the <whatever> list" is misleading; it
doesn't spell out for them that they can do MANY things from that page,
only one of which is "join or leave" a list.

If there is some way to move the mail/nomail to the top of the page and
change the page header, I'd appreciate some feedback.  I've edited
templates until I'm blue in the face, to no discernible effect.

Thanks,

Tracey