Bob Wier <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 14:04:13 -0600

>I wonder how legitimate subscribers REALLY use REVIEW?
>(I know how I use it as a non-listowner on other lists.)
>
>/Pete Weiss

I've had review turned off on my lists for some time now, when I started
seeing suspicious activity that resembled "name collection". Unfortunately
I forgot "statistics" (on listproc 6.0c).

Recently, for example, I've gotten "review" type probes from a site
named piglet. I'm alerted to this because I have one internal test
mailing list which should NEVER see any activity except that which I
generate. A review issued on that one is a sure sign of somebody
tolling for addresses...

THANKS

-----       Round Up the Usual Disclaimers!        -----
  Bob Wier, keeper of the Photo-3D, Icom radio (WB5KXH),
    Overland Trails, and Motorola HC11 mailing lists
"Spammus delendus est!" - with apologies to Cato the Censor