David Sitman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:55:34 +0200
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Automatic digest processor wrote:

[...]
> Date:    Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:05:45 -0600
> From:    Jack Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Auto Update LIST users?
>
> Is there anyway to write a script for LISTSERV that will take a text
> file and auto update a list? We need to send email to a list of
> scientists. The list of scientists change on a monthly basis and
> instead of having the list owner do bulk update I was wondering if we
> could write script to perform the function automatically?
>
> Thanks,
>  Jack

Jack,

We have a script which puts the needed job commands before and after the
list of addresses and sends it by email to Listserv. The "From: " address
has to be a list owner, of course. Here are the instructions which I sent
recently to someone who wanted to adapt the script:

  Send mail to: [log in to unmask]
  It should be from: [log in to unmask]
  The body:

  quiet add LISTNAME DD=ddname import pw=lsvmaintpw
  //ddname DD *
  [log in to unmask] English Name
  [log in to unmask]  English Name
  [log in to unmask]    English Name