Karl Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 20:22:20 +0700
I have been active in light steam power for decades. The field includes
everything bigger than little steam toy pop-pop boats and smaller than
locomotives and stationary power generating plants. This covers steam
cars, boats, gensets, motorcycles, bikes, racing 1-meter hydroplanes,
full sized airplanes, etc.

There have been several publications and organizations in this field, but
none now covers it entirely. I edited and published two and contributed to
three magazines which have become extinct. Redundant correspondence I now
receive relating to the few topics on my web page indicate the interest is
high by internet users. These newbies have no idea of any of the
historical information, since it is not directly accessible in libraries
or on the web.

There is no list service for anything close to this subject. While I would
like to host a list for this, I realize that it is not efficient to do so
on a 28Kb line, and I am asking for suggestions. Perhaps a site to handle
the list. I would be available to assist as administrator .

Hopefully,

Karl