Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:31:36 +1000
>>> Does anyone have experience moving the software and license
>>> files for both LISTSERV 1.8d and LSMTP 1.1b from one server to
another?

Just a quick note: L-Soft is aware of isolated problems with LSMTP 1.1b on
Windows 2003 servers with Service Pack 1 applied.  As such you're advised
to use the latest install kit for LSMTP that can be found here:

<ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/LSMTP/windows/lsmtp-nt-intel.zip>

Further questions about LSMTP should be directed to LSMTP-L or to L-Soft
Customer Support.

>You moved 1.8d NT => 1.8d 2003 NT first?
>
>Curious, as the docs suggest upgrade Listserv first, but didn't know if
>14.3 would work on NT, or if 1.8d would work on 2003.

There's no problem with installing 1.8d on a Windows 2003 machine.  In
practice, it's usually better to migrate the 1.8d installation to the new
OS first to ensure that everything is working properly and you're lists
are OK.  Once you've done that you can upgrade to the latest version of
LISTSERV.

Al Lilianstrom mentioned some white papers that we have available.  You'll
find them on our web site here
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/whitepaper.asp>.  The one you want is
titled 'Moving LISTSERV to a New Server'.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.