"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:16:24 EST
It was my understanding that the TOPICS feature handled REPLY
subjects "RE: " ok, but I've never verified that myself.  As far
as prohibiting users from posting to a TOPIC -- that is not a
feature.

Sounds like you need either a better educated subscribership;
re-configure list so that REPLIES don't default to list, but
instead to the original sender; a better WELCOME file/netiquette
doc; closer list-owner/moderator involvement; or new (sub) lists
with tighter subscription control.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                    "I've been cybertagged :-("