Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Sep 1991 14:57:07 +0200
On Thu, 19 Sep 1991 08:45:01 EDT Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Does this  mean what I  think it means?  That IBM only  guarantees their
>operating systems to run their code?

About 5  years ago my LISTSERV  went into a loop  and ate 4h of  CPU time
because the RECEIVE  command goes into a  loop if you present  it with an
invalid file in Netdata format. I called the support centre and they said
I should send them  a copy of the disk file  causing SENDFILE to generate
such an invalid  spool file, and they would fix  SENDFILE, and added that
RECEIVE does  not need fixing. I  said the problem is  not with SENDFILE,
the file came from  a machine on the network running  Multics. I was told
the problem does  not exist then, and  if I insist on getting  an APAR it
will be  closed WAD because RECEIVE  was never meant to  support incoming
files from non-supported operating systems.

  Eric