Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:25:29 -0400

>Thanks for the great overview Ben.  A 1.8d kit can go on Win2K3?

Certainly can.

>How
>about just restoring the LISTSERV and LSMTP directories from the live
>server?

You can do this once you've installed them for the purposes of moving
configuations, templates, etc.  However, you need the initial installation
to set the appropriate registry keys, and create the necessary directories
with the correct permissions.

This white paper on our web site (that Ben mentioned previously) tells you
what can be safely moved within LISTSERV:
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/wp-movinglistserv.pdf>

As for LSMTP, the only files from the old server that would be of any use
are config.dat and license.file.  Passwords.dat should also be moved if you
use internally stored and encrypted passwords.  (Config.dat may need some
minor tweaking to take into account any new directory structures.)

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.