Veronica Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Oct 90 09:54:46 EDT
As I understand it, all nodes defined in the 'LOCAL=' keyword in the
LOCAL SYSVARS file are nodes to be considered local when the 'LCL' FAC
is used in a filelist.  (These nodes are also recognized as local when
the parameter 'local' is used in a list header.)

I have coded LCL under the GET column in a filelist.  The local nodes
are defined in the LOCAL SYSVARS file as follows:

LOCAL = '*.YORKU.CA YORKVM1 YORKVM2 YUSOL YUGEMINI YULIBRA'
LOCAL = 'YUORION YUNEXUS YUYETTI'

Why would a user that is defined as local in the LOCAL SYSVARS file
and not on the same node as LISTSERV, NOT be recognized as local?
However, users on the same node as LISTSERV are recognized.

Has anyone encountered this problem?   Am I overlooking something here?

Thanks for your help.

Veronica Timm
VM/CMS and AS/400 Technical Support
York University