Mike Kanofsky <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:04:46 -0400
I have read through the Developer's guide several times and am still not
sure of a couple of things.

What we want to do is create several Distribution lists which will pull
information from a SQL 7 database. As an example we want to create a list
called: [log in to unmask]  which will contain all employees
whose EmpType is 'faculty'. We want to create about 30 lists with different
criteria each with it's own email address.

My question is what is the best way to do this? Should we create separate
Views in SQL to act as tables?

Another question is what is the correct syntax for addressing tables on the
SQL Server? My current DBMS statement:
DBMS=Yes,TABLE(ifasdir.Employee),EMAIL(IFASEmail),NAME(LName)

Generates these errors when trying to review the list membership:
Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'01000023' reading DBMS list <<<
 -> Severity: Error
 -> Facility: DBMS interface
 -> Abstract: No such table
>>> Error X'01000023' reading DBMS list <<<
 -> Severity: Error
 -> Facility: DBMS interface
 -> Abstract: No such table

Thank you in advance,
___________________________
Mike Kanofsky
Systems Programmer
IFAS Information Technologies
University of Florida
(352) 392-5180)
_____________________________

SQL server name is: INFO
Database on SQL server is: IFASDIR
Table in IFASDIR is Employee
ListServ server is: LIST

I created a SystemDSN on LIST labled Email-DATABASE.

In SITE.CFG I added:
ODBC_DSN=Email-DATABASE
ODBC_UID=user
ODBC_AUTH=pass