Shinn Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:16:51 -0800
Hi Ben,

I just found that the account used to submit those command (PUT and ADD)
did not need password because the account is defined as POSTMASTER in
go.user.  So the password is a non-issue.  I found it after I
deliberately used wrong password, and ListSever still accepted the
request.  About the length issue, it could not happen to all 222
subscribers (other similar lists have far more users - up to more than
8,000 users in a single list - all created without errors).

We jumped from 1.8c to 16.0, and with same password.  We tried to grep
the password from various scripts to confirm that there were identical
in all the script we used.  As a matter of fact, I cloned the geog
script.  I only changed geog to polisci with different subscribers.
Geog was created and I could add subscribers, while Polisci created and
I could had add any (222) users.

Thank for replying.

Shinn