Craig Cheslog <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 May 1996 23:42:47 -0400
I am looking to find someone who will be willing to host a mailing list for
members and people interested in the work of The Concord Coalition.

The Concord Coalition is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization seeking to
create a climate that encourages elected officials to work for long-term
deficit reduction by educating citizens about the impact of federal budget
deficits on the nation's economic future. It was founded in 1992 by former
United States Senators Warren Rudman (R-N.H.) and Paul Tsongas (D-Mass.)
and former Secretary of Commerce Peter Peterson.

The topics on the list will most likely include bipartisan discussion about the
federal budget deficit, the national debt, and entitlements. More
information on the Concord Coalition is available on the world wide web at
http://sunsite.unc.edu/concord.

We estimate that the mailing list will start with approximately 125
members. We would like to make the list open to the public. Staff from the
Concord Coalition will participate on the list. We want to try having an
unmoderated list at first, but if the signal-to-noise ratio of the
discussion degenerates rapidly, we will need the ability to moderate the
list.

Some people have requested the ability to receive the list in digest form.
We are willing to handle most, if not all, of the list maintenance. The
ability to archive messages would be nice, but is not necessary.

I do not normally follow this mailing list, so please send any responses to
my private e-mail ([log in to unmask]).

Thank you for your consideration.

| Craig Cheslog               | Phone: 215-842-9510  FAX: 215-844-6216 |
| Pennsylvania State Director | e-mail: [log in to unmask]             |
| The Concord Coalition       | http://www.netreach.net/~concord/      |