Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:27:55 -0600
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:55:46 +0100, Lucas van Braam van Vloten
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am in the process of migrating a number of lists (including archives)
>from a Windows Listserv implementation to one based on Linux.

You should take a look at this kit:
http://dropbox.lsoft.us/download/FastMigration.zip

>I have not seen such "-RAC" files before. What are these files and what
>should I do with them?

Don't copy them.  They are special HPO index files.  Also don't copy
listname.DB* index files either.  LISTSERV on the destination machine will
re-create indexes as necessary.

>Is an import from the output of the GET command reliable, or is it
>better to use the output from the listview command?

Neither.  the *.list files are a binary format that is OS agnostic.  Simply
copy the *.list files in their entirety.