Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Wed, 17 Dec 1986 22:35 SET
1) The DELETE command  now calls LSVSORT to reformat the  list file after dele-
ting  the user.  This is  much more  convenient than  stacking commands  and
calling XEDIT to find and delete the  user from the list, and makes sure the
list is properly  formatted (just in case  it had been XEDITed  a la main...
:-) ). This takes a lot of time however, and can cause error messages if the
copy of the list file contained  incorrect information before the DELETE has
been done.

- Execution time: I've tried to have some  of the code skipped in that case
in 1.5g. We'll see...

- Error message if problem: this is  very desired. However the message gets
to the postmaster, not  the list owner. In 1.5g I've changed  it to go to
the invoker of the DELETE command.  But at present you can get unexpected
messages telling about an error in a list when you have not sent a single
command to it...

- Blank lines will remain in the list in that case. This is not very impor-
tant since LSVXMAIL can handle them, but I'll have to have that corrected
too. Don't have time right now though.

2) The LSVTELL  exec has  a bug  ("node" instead of  "tonode") which  can cause
messages to be sent  via RSCS to mail-only nodes... The fix  will be in 1.5g

- I've included code  to purge BSMTP REPLY  in LSVPROF EXEC so  that the people
who use Marc's /FORWARD command don't  have to worry about modifying the exec
every time they install a new version :-)

Eric