Fri, 11 May 2001 08:56:36 -0500
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:24:30PM -0600, Ben Parker wrote:

> >Is it possible to set up the www server on a different machine than the
> >actual LISTSERV server?
>
> This question has been asked many times and the answer is still No.  sorry.

While Ben definitely knows better than I do, where there's a will
there's a way.  Several months ago while moving the listserv that
I support to a new datacenter I was able to successfully run the
listserv archives (read WWW server) on another box using NFS on a
Un*x box.  Not sure how or if you could do this with Windows boxen
but it is certainly doable if you try hard enough.  I wouldn't
consider this a long-term solution and certainly don't reccommend
it.  I just wanted to set the record straight that given enough
caffiene and a little ingenuity nearly anything is possible.  I
only did it as a short-term solution because I had some 700 other
sites I had to move at the same time and the customer that owned
the listserv wouldn't stand for more than a fraction of a second
of downtime even for a shiny, new box sitting on a network fed by
several OC-12s.

-steve