Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:31:58 -0400
We have just been informed that there is a new hotfix available for F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers 8.00 and for F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations 8.00.

F-Secure says:

>This hotfix solves the following issues:
>    * the automatic scanning platform updates are not applied in certain circumstances
>    * general improvements of the scanning platform for better detection capability
>We strongly suggest that you install this hotfix.
>
>Restart is not required after installing this hotfix.

For Servers, see http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/support/business/hotfixes/anti-virus-for-windows-servers/800-hotfix3.html

For Workstations, see http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/support/business/hotfixes/anti-virus-for-workstations/800-hotfix1.html

In either case you should download and apply the "fsfix" version of the hotfix.  According to F-Secure there is no reboot required.

Nathan