"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Apr 1993 17:44:48 CST
On Tue, 27 Apr 1993 13:27:36 CDT Mark R. Williamson said:
>If you want all of your renewals to be at fixed points in the year, such
>as semester ends, you could use multiple "year relative" dates, like
>* Renewal=06/01,12/01,Delay(15)

Thanks, Mark, this is an even better solution, since it gets done right
when it is needed !

However, (just to make sure no nit goes unpicked) I still don't understand
why the server doesn't like the value "Bi-Yearly" as a time interval, even
though this apparently contradicts the "official" description of the Renewal
mechanism (taken from this list's archives):

>  The format of the "Renewal=" keyword is the following:
>
>          Renewal= None | item1<,item2<,...>>,Delay(n)
>
>  Each 'item' can take any of the following forms:
>
>- An 'interval' specification, of the form:
>
>      <factor->period
>
> Where  'period'  can be  either  'Monthly',  'Yearly'  or 'Weekly'  and  the
> optional factor  is a  number by  which the period  will be  multiplied. The
> special  factor 'Bi-'  indicates  that the  period is  to  be halved.  Thus,
> '6-Monthly' and 'Bi-Yearly' both indicate an interval of 6 months. Note that
> the dash is mandatory.

Thanks for your help & support.

Juan

P.S. I'm now trying 6-Monthly on another local list to see if this is palatable