"S. Jeremy Bergtholdt" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:52:30 -0500
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, David Young wrote:

> Will 1.8d support some sort of inclusion or exclusion pattern to be
> specified in the Send= keyword?  The reason for asking is that I have a
> list owner who wants suggestions and comments to be posted to their list
> via a web form while still allowing only subscribers to post to it.  The
> problem is that the e-mail address generated by the web form and CGI
> script in question may not always be the same, or so I've been told.
> The first few characters will be the same, though.  Something like:

David,

Do you receive a sufficient number of comments that it would be
impractical to have them sent to the list owner or editor, and have that
person forward them to the list?

If so, how about setting up a dummy email address on your local system
which is subscribed to the mailing list with the NOMAIL option (so it
doesn't end up taking lots of disk space by receiving messages from the
list), and also has a .forward file associated with it that forwards all
received mail to the mailing list.  Then have the web form send mail to
that email address.  What do you think?

--Jeremy Bergtholdt