"A. Ralph Papakhian" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 May 1994 00:16:42 EST
On Thu, 26 May 1994 13:35:58 -0800 Richard Hintz said:
>>        One of the goals of the CREN software acquisition effort is to
>>protect its members from the rampant greed of monopolists.  For those
>>considering doing business with a company that operates in the style of
>>L-Soft, the following advice may be helpful.

Let's see. Does anyone recollect how many years LISTSERV has been
provided gratis? I, as list owner, and the Music Library
Association have been using it gratis for six years at least.
Obviously, I do not understand the style of L-Soft. But I do
understand the significance of LISTSERV.

Is there any chance that CREN could explain its goals for software
acquisition during the previous decade and how that might relate
to the current discussion? How many CREN dollars were invested
in LISTSERV development and implementation?

*GO*   Cordially, forever more,
*!!*   A. Ralph Papakhian, Music Library (Co-Listowner for MLA-L@IUBVM)
*IU*   Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
       (812) 855-2970  [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]