Trudi Short <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 00:31:03 GMT
Hi!

Please email me (Trudi Short - [log in to unmask]) if you would be
willing to host the following small mail list:

PROPOSED NAME:  DBA-LIST

GENERAL TOPIC:  Diamond Blackfan anemia, a rare, chronic anemia
that develops in infancy.  General discussion re the day-to-day
demands of chronic anemia, support, and sharing of research
and/or treatment news for DBA patients and their family members
or dear friends.

TARGET AUDIENCE:  DBA patients and family members or dear
friends.

ESTIMATED NUMBER OF MESSAGES TO BE PROCESSED:  A rough guess
would be about 10-15 a day.  I currently have 5 people in an
"informal group" (we cc: each other).  Considering the fact that
there are only about 300 known patients in the United States and
probably only a small number of them have Internet access, I
think this will remain a fairly small group.

RATIONALE FOR EMAIL LIST:  There are so few of us that email is
the only viable way to have regular contact with other DBA
families.  For example, in the Metro Orlando, Florida, area there
are a total of three DBA patients and each of those has a
different treatment plan and circumstances, and one family
doesn't speak English very well so it's difficult to communicate.

If you are curious about DBA, please see my web page at:
        http://www.onetinc.com/~trudi/dba.htm

Thank you for your consideration.

        ** Please Email the reply to [log in to unmask] I'm not **
 * subscribed to this list; found the address in a LISTSERV FAQ *

Trudi Short ([log in to unmask]) (http://www.onetinc.com/~trudi)