Zvika Bar-Deroma <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Aug 90 08:08:37 IST
On Tue, 7 Aug 90 08:47:58 EDT Jim Gerland - Manager User Support Services said:
>When I  GET a list  then decide not to  change anything I  TELL LISTSERV
>UNLOCK list but LISTSERV tells me it is not locked?  Is this the correct
>behavior?
>
>Jim...

I just tried it on my test list on our 1.6e server. When I GET the list,
LISTSERV  sends a  message (as  it always  did) that  the list  has been
locked. When I try  to UNLOCK it (as Jim did) I also  get a "LIST IS NOT
LOCKED" message, which it correct, as mailing to the list results in the
mail being distributed. In other words the problem seems to be somewhere
in the GET process, which does not  lock the list. I don't think it's an
intended  1.6e feature,  as  I haven't  found  a hint  about  it in  the
announcement.

Eric ?

/Zvika