Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Nov 1990 08:59:13 EST
  Thanks Eric for the info on deleting files on listserv, it worked.  Now,
I am trying to place a new file in a particular file list with LSVPUT and
that does not work.

  What I did was to update a file called TEST FILELIST then LSVPUT it back
to Listserv. The response from Listserv was that no entry existed for my
file entry, called FTP SITES2 but that TEST FILELIST had been successfully
updated anyway. I even accessed TEST FILELIST from another account and sure
enough there was the new file entry.  So what does this mean?

  The next thing I did was to LSVPUT the actual file FTP SITES2. The only
response I get from Listserv is a complaint that the file is unknown to
Listserv. What in the world does that mean? Of course it is unknown, it is
a brand new file. Does it by any chance mean that Listserv is not seeing
the entry that I added to TEST FILELIST? I suspect this is the case.

  Perhaps a better question to put to this list is:  What are the axact steps
needed to add a file to a filelist and what are the exact steps needed to
delete it. The documentation just gives a bunch of commands, but no examples.