Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:08:17 -0500
Trying to understand the use of aliases.names file.  For example,m our file has an entry for msn that that looks like

:nick.MSN.COM :alias.CLASSIC.MSN.COM EMAIL.MSN.COM

If I query * for [log in to unmask], it returns a hit for [log in to unmask]

I have a private list where [log in to unmask] is subscribed.  Can [log in to unmask] send to that list?  I assume s/he can.

Can [log in to unmask] review the list if Review= Private is set?

Can [log in to unmask] use the web interface to view the archives?  This is the actual case that I have.  [log in to unmask] has a personal password set and is trying to view the private archives for the list but is subscribed as [log in to unmask]
Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?
Why isn't "phonics" spelled the way it sounds?

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)