Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 23 May 1987 17:27 SET
LISTSERV@TAUNIVM keeps complaining that  LISTSERV@BITNIC and LISTSERV@PUCC are
sending  it DISTRIBUTE  jobs  with no  recipient for  TAUNIVM.  Groan. I  have
consequently  sent the  latest  version of  LINKSWT FILE  and  PEERS NAMES  to
LISTSERV@PUCC in  the hope to fix  the problem (they were  a little outdated),
but for BITNIC I just don't understand.  TAUNIVM and BITNIC have the very same
identical versions  of LINKSWT  FILE, PEERS NAMES  *and* BITEARN  NODES. Since
they use the  same release of LISTSERV,  I can't understand how  they may have
different opinions  as to where the  recipients are supposed to  go!! I'm just
puzzled. Can  anyone try to  trap one of those  DISTRIBUTE jobs and  forward a
copy to me  so I can try to  analyze the problem? The only  possibility I have
found is that  some of the recipients  are from another network,  and that the
two servers have a different version of DOMAIN NAMES and therefore a different
idea of  where in BITNET  the gateway is.  Or one of  the two servers  was not
rebooted since  the last update of  BITEARN NODES and consequently  did not do
its NODESGEN, but this strikes me as very improbable at best.

  Eric