Jeff Kiesel <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:48:45 -0400
As far as I can gather from this discussion - there are only two
configuration-type steps you can take as a ListServ admin, to eliminate OOO
replies:

1.) Configure the CONTENT_FILTER Mail Template to prevent MUA's from sending
OOOs to the list for distribution and archiving.

2.) If your organization uses Exchange 2003, you can edit the registry to
suppress OOO replies to distribution lists:  SuppressOOFsToDistributionLists

These seem like two great suggestions.  Are there any more
configuration-type actions I can take to eliminate OOO replies?

In addition to the configurations above, there are some administrative-type
actions that can be taken as well:

1.) Instruct all subscribers to forward to you any OOO items they see in
response to a list posting.

2.) The List Owner may change the offending recipient's subscription to
DIGEST or unsubscribe them.

What other steps can be taken??

~jeff