Jeff Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Dec 1990 15:59:04 EST
I'm sure this is not the most efficient way to do this but:

(Setting Up community access notebooks)

(assumes you are on a VM system)

1. Create an account for each list to be notebooked.  Each acct should be r/w
linked to a public access minidisk.

2. Subscribe the accounts to the appropriate list.

3. Write an EXEC (I have one I will send out if you'e like, ask me by private
e-mail) to take all files in this account's reader and dump into a file.)

4. Set up VMSCHEDULE jobs to transfer the notebook onto the minidisk.
Additional VMSCHEDULE jobs can be set up to delete old files, send copies to
appropriate people, etc.

5. Write another small exec so that your front-end users can link to the
notebook minidisk and mailbook the archives.

I use something like this to digest INFO-VAX for some people here at this
school, so they don't have to scan through 50-70 files per day, instead,
they receive three large files per week.

Jeff Linder                      Bitnet: V5057U at TEMPLEVM
Temple University                Internet: [log in to unmask]
Computer Services
Mainframe Consultant

Disclaimer: If I knew what I was talking about I wouldn't be in college.