Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:06:57 -0500
Eric Thomas wrote the following on 11/21/08 4:17 PM:
> In the next version, you will be able to ask LISTSERV to store incoming attachments. I think this will allow people in your situation to be more flexible with the attachment size limit. LISTSERV replaces the attachment in the message with a link that interested parties can click on. Typically, only a few people are interested in attachments so it saves bandwidth to store the attachments in this fashion.

Not to mention the wasted bandwidth when several people reply to a
message with a large attachment -- and include the entire attachment!
This happened regularly on one list I was on. Subscribers would send 5MB
attachments that would be repeated multiple times. At least they didn't
keep archives. Would that still be an option in lists that don't have
archives?
--
Karen Reznek
head listowner -- Asperger