"Keller, Richard (CIT)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:08:34 -0500
We also have LISTSERV 1.8d on Solaris.  We have a script that rotates the
listserv.logs at 3:00 am every morning.  It shuts down all of the LISTSERV
processes, rotates the logs, and restarts LISTSERV.  We keep the logs for 34
days.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Russell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 8:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: listserv on nt starts new log daily - what about unix?

We are running LISTSERV 1.8d on Solaris and the listserv.log file just keeps
growing and growing until we stop the lsv process, rename the log file, and
restart the service. If there is a very large listserv.log file when
LISTSERV
is restarted, LISTSERV will sometimes rename the file to listserv.log.OLD
and
start a new listserv.log file.

I am also running an evaluation copy of the NT version of LISTSERV, and it
appears that LISTSERV on NT is automatically starting a new log each night
at
midnight, with the date reflected in the log file name. Are there any plans
include this functionality in the unix versions of the product? I can craft
homegrown solution, but not without modifying the go script, and even then
it
isn't foolproof.

--
Paul Russell