Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:02:19 -0400
Since some of you use F-Secure Anti-Virus with your LISTSERV
installations I thought you might be interested in this.

>Who should install the XP SP2 Support Package?
>
>Customers running Windows XP SP2 on AMD64 family processors such as
>"Athlon 64" and "Opteron" are required to install the XP SP2 Support
>Package. F-Secure Anti-Virus will malfuntion and may cause the
>operating system to malfunction without the installation of the XP
>SP2 Support Package.
>
>Customers running Windows XP SP2 on other processors are not
>required to install the XP SP2 Support Package: F-Secure products
>will continue functioning properly in these environments.
>
>However, to make sure that the Security Center in Windows XP SP2
>will recognize the presence and the state of F-Secure Anti-Virus, it
>is recommended that all users who upgrade to Windows XP SP2 will
>also install the XP SP2 Support Package for their F-Secure products.
>Exceptionally, corporate users who have their Windows XP computers
>in a domain and who do not plan to enable the Security Center with a
>group policy will not benefit from the XP SP2 Support Package and
>may leave it uninstalled.

See
<http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corporate/supportissue/general/xpsp2.shtml>
for additional information.

F-Secure Anti-Virus updates and support issues are listed at
<http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/>.  When I notice new updates
I'll send a note to the mailing list, but you may also wish to keep
an eye on the page yourselves.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

Read news, tips, and other information in our 'LISTSERV at Work'
archives at <http://www.lsoft.com/news/default.asp?item=newsletter-us>