F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:45:46 +0000
My predecessor wrote a host of (mostly Perl) scripts to handle list maintenance,  including list deletion.  In our case, a list does indeed cease to be, but all archives, .list, .oldlist, .etc  are saved as a .gz file.  At a later date, that can be removed.  So this requires system access.

There might be some cjli that would accomplish deletion, but I kind of think not.

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Mills, Douglas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Programmatically Deleting List

Hi Everyone,

I’m working on a script that will allow us to maintain a backup of a list and its configuration/subscribers prior to deleting the list but was curious if there was a way to programmatically delete a given listname?

I’ve been searching around for the command that I could send via email however have had no luck and was hopeful someone might have something that could point me in the direction I’m looking for.

Thank You In Advance,
Douglas E. Mills