Nate Eckstine <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:09:09 -0800
How is postmaster spam avoided? Occasionally we get these spam storms of 100-200 consecutive bad emails that are advertisements. They are sent to the postmasters as rejected emails.  The firewall crew doesn't want to block them in case the IP address is spoofed. The five postmaster accounts just delete them. Is there a way to point all this spam at a spam email account and not at the postmaster account?

The list themselves all have errors-to= in them.
All subscribers have to ok themselves to validate their subscriptions.

Still, we have this plethora of email throwing themselves at our listserv@ address that have no valid account. We would rather than notifying the postmasters constantly of this that the spam be discarded or just subscribe them to a spam list inside the software that then denies any interaction with them.

--
Nate Eckstine (DoIT)

City of Seattle Department of Information Technology
700 Fifth Ave. Suite 2700
Seattle, WA 98124-4709   USA

Work (206) 733-9658
Fax (206) 684-0911