Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:30:42 -0400
Since my prior email to this list I've done a lot of analysis of my signup
files. Here's what I've found:

 - 360k entries in signup files
 - 126k actual subscriptions (from Q ***GUI*** for *@*)
 - 86k subscriptions actually have an entry in the signup file
I calculate that about 274K entries in the signup file are worthless.

Since my signup files are twice the recommended size, I either need to
increase the number of files, or else clean these up. I choose to clean
them up, but- it's a huge task. I don't even want to think about how long
 REGISTER .... OFF
is going to take 275000 times (I've done 1000 or so and it was over a
minute- maybe several). I've been talking with the good folks at support
and they've been very responsive, but I wondered if anyone else has done
this/has any ideas.

Nelson